RETURNING TO SCHOOL AFTER AN ABSENCE
Report to the Attendance Office with a note from your parent/guardian, with your full name, date and reason for absence. You will be given a re-admit card, which must be signed by each teacher from whose class you have been absent. The Attendance Office is open at 7:00 a.m. There are no excused tardies for being late to class from the Attendance Office.
TYPES OF ABSENCES
VERIFIED: (E) An absence due to illness approved by a physician or a court summons with court verification. Teachers are expected to offer a reasonable opportunity for makeup privileges.
ABSENT: (X) An absence which is personal and all other forms of illness not verified by a doctor’s note. Teachers may use their own discretion in affording opportunity for making up work.
TRUANCY: (T) An absence without the knowledge or approval of parent, guardian, or school authorities.
(L) Late: (I) ICE: (S) Suspension
*Must be picked up the day student returns from an absence at the Attendance Office at the following time: 7:00 a.m.-7:55 a.m.
*Must be presented to all of the student’s teachers on the day following an absence.
*Are issued if students have a note signed by a parent or guardian or by having the parent call the Attendance Office.
*All students who do not bring a note for an all day or single period absences or do not pick up a re-admit before class will be assigned a one (1) hour detention/Saturday school assignment.
1. 3-5 tardies/truant = Detention or Saturday School
2. 6th tardy/truant combination = 1 day ICE and parent conference
3. 7th 8th tardy/truant combination = Detention or Saturday School
4 9th tardy/truant combination = 2 days ICE and Parent Conference
5. 10 or more tardies/truancies may result in drop of class or possible transfer to alternative education.
6. 9 or more absences or 3 consecutive absences, without a doctor’s note, will result in a Saturday School assignment.
7. An excessive number of absences may result in failure of class(es), or placement at an alternative school site